Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Read an eBook Week!

According to Smashwords, it's "Read an eBook Week".

My first reaction to learning this was wholly cynical: "Um, what won't they do to promote their products?"  We all know about the commercialized holiday fad which is becoming increasingly less of a fad and more of a cultural practice.  Ugh.

My second take on it was: "Oh, cool.  They're trying to help us sell our books."  (Yeah, that's a far more generous thought to be having.)

So, I signed up.  I mean, of course.  Both my novels are 50% off until Saturday the 10th.



Without Wings
“This doesn’t make any sense! Why can’t I touch you?” I demand, massaging my throbbing fingers. “You’re human, like everyone else... aren’t you?”

Note:
I'm doing my part to put more smart, supernatural stories out there. This one comes complete with quirky characters, romance, suspense, and action. Whoo yeah baby. (^__^)





The Last Legend
One legend still survives in the wilds of 14th century Ireland, and one young man who seeks the truth is destined to cross her path.

Note:
Painstakingly researched and exploratory historical fiction.  Personally, I love it when the mysteries and legends of the past to have their own chance to shine and be real.



Other things in the works for this month:

  • A Picture and a Thousand Words (my March short story)
  • From Book to Blurb (got an idea, I just need to start writing and see if magic happens)
  • Five Photographs, an alternate universe story featuring characters from my novel, Without Wings
  • The Last Legend has been entered in a book cover art contest (we'll see how that goes)
Um, that's all for now!  Have an awesome day, everyone, and read an ebook!  (Heh heh)  (^__^)

2 comments:

  1. I could not find any post which talks about- the tale of the tides. But since I downloaded the book from smashword, so here goes my feed back. I simply loved your story and the narration style. It is going to stay with me for a long long time. However, I think of this as a discrepancy, but you might choose to ignore it, that even though the story is narrated by posideian, but the name of the story revers to a storey told by the sea and not its master. But then it is your story, so your call. But once again I really liked your work. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not find any post which talks about- the tale of the tides. But since I downloaded the book from smashword, so here goes my feed back. I simply loved your story and the narration style. It is going to stay with me for a long long time. However, I think of this as a discrepancy, but you might choose to ignore it, that even though the story is narrated by posideian, but the name of the story revers to a storey told by the sea and not its master. But then it is your story, so your call. But once again I really liked your work. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete